January 16, 2018—SELCO Community Credit Union Opens Innovative, Convenient New Branch on Bend's West Side
From video conferencing and teller-less service, to safe, convenient ATMs, new branch is designed to meet needs of modern members
(EUGENE, Ore.)–Today, SELCO Community Credit Union unveiled its most innovative branch yet. SELCO’s state-of-the-art West Bend Branch — conveniently located at 137 SW Century Drive — marks the credit union’s third branch in Bend and fifth in Central Oregon. Just as important, though, the branch is uniquely designed to meet the needs of modern credit union members.
The innovations at the 2,500-square-foot facility include:
• An open-concept design without teller windows. Members will instead be greeted by a tablet-equipped SELCO team member who can help with anything from opening an account to applying for a loan.
• Video-conferencing technology to connect members to appropriate SELCO specialists in other locations for help with mortgages, insurance, business loans, and investments.
• Secure indoor ATMs that are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Visitors simply swipe any bankcard for after-hours access to the building’s lobby.
• A lodge motif and indoor lounge, complete with a working fireplace, to create an environment fitting of Central Oregon’s mountain lifestyle.
• An extensive use of digital screens for information and ambiance, including a 6-foot by 9-foot video wall showing clips of outdoor activities in Central Oregon.
“We find the role of our branches evolving as many members embrace online and mobile banking for their routine transactions,” said Cheryl Cauthon, branch manager for SELCO Community Credit Union. “The West Bend Branch was designed with this in mind, allowing members to comfortably access our friendly experts for consultative services like loans, insurance, and financial guidance, while still having convenient access to the everyday services they need.”
The branch is set just north of the OSU-Cascades campus, and at the gateway to many of Central Oregon’s most notable outdoor attractions, including Mt. Bachelor and the Cascade Lakes Highway.
The bottom line goal for the branch is to make each member interaction as efficient and positive as possible.
“SELCO has been part of this community for more than 17 years, and we understand what makes Central Oregon, and our neighbors here, so special,” Cauthon said. “We think this branch will fit perfectly within this community and the lifestyle it embodies, while providing excellent personal service to all our local members.”
For more information about SELCO Community Credit Union, please visit www.selco.org.
About SELCO Community Credit Union:
Founded 81 years ago by a group of fiscally minded teachers, Eugene-based SELCO Community Credit Union now serves more than 135,000 members as the third largest Oregon-based credit union. A not-for-profit, federally insured, member-driven financial cooperative with more than $1.5 billion in assets, SELCO is able to provide its member-owners with exceptional rates and low fees on a full range of financial products and services, including banking, mortgages, personal and business loans, investments, and insurance. Membership is open to anyone who lives or works in the 26 Oregon counties SELCO serves. For more information, or to become a member today, stop by one of SELCO’s 15 branches, call 800-445-4483, or visit selco.org.
ContactsColleen Thompson, SELCO, 541-686-5395, email@example.com
Justin Yax, DVA Advertising & PR, 541-389-2411, firstname.lastname@example.org