At SELCO Community Credit Union, protecting our members' confidential information is our highest priority. We are committed to maintaining the highest standards of physical and electronic security.
Our commitment to protecting your confidential information extends beyond our own facilities. We also maintain contact with industry resources that alert us to security breaches that occur beyond our control but that may affect our members.
SELCO has received notice of a potential compromise involving credit and debit cards. Members whose information may have been compromised have been notified by mail. Please be assured that the physical and electronic security at SELCO Community Credit Union were not involved in the security breach. SELCO Community Credit Union recognizes the value of keeping all of our members informed--even those who were not affected.
If you were affected you would have received a notice in the mail that would have looked like this:
<<Month xx, year>>
<<City/ State/ Zip>>
Recently, <<Merchant Information>> announced a security breach. Your <> was used with this merchant during the time period that the breach occurred and may have been compromised. The best way to protect your card information is to replace and cancel your current card and PIN, which we will do free of charge.
We value your business, which is why we are taking immediate steps to protect your information. We’ve included helpful information below to help you navigate this process and are here to help in any way we can.
- We have ordered you a new <>, which you will receive within the next 7-10 business days.
- Please activate and begin using your new card as soon as you receive it.
- Your new card number will differ from your current one.
- Remember to update any automatic payments with the new card information and to destroy your old card.
- You can select a new PIN at the time you activate the card or at any SELCO branch.
- Your current card will be blocked within <> from the date of this letter.
- Please review your account frequently and notify us immediately if you notice any unauthorized activity.
If you would like to learn more about how you can protect your identity or about this letter, please visit www.selco.org/cardservices or call us at 800-445-4483.
We regret the inconveniences this may cause you.
SELCO Community Credit Union