At SELCO Community Credit Union, protecting our members' confidential information is our highest priority. We are committed to maintaining the highest standards of physical and electronic security.
Our commitment to protecting your confidential information extends beyond our own facilities. We also maintain contact with industry resources that alert us to security breaches that occur beyond our control but that may affect our members.
SELCO has received notice of a potential compromise involving credit and debit cards. Members whose information may have been compromised have been notified by mail. Please be assured that the physical and electronic security at SELCO Community Credit Union were not involved in the security breach. SELCO Community Credit Union recognizes the value of keeping all of our members informed--even those who were not affected.
If you were affected you would have received a notice in the mail that would have looked like this:
SELCO has received notice of a potential compromise involving your <>. A merchant with whom you have previously done business has been affected by a security breach involving your card information. SELCO takes your personal and financial information security seriously. Therefore, SELCO will re-issue a new card to you free of charge.
- You will receive a new <> within the next 7-10 business days.
- Please activate your new card and select a new PIN (Personal Identification Number) as soon as you receive it, and destroy your current card.
- Your current card will be blocked within 20 days from the date of this letter.
- Your new card number will differ from your current one. Please update any automatic payments with your new number as soon as it is activated.
- Please review your account frequently and notify SELCO immediately if you notice any unauthorized activity.
A compromise of your data does not mean you will have fraud on your account. However, the best way to protect you against any loss is to replace and cancel your current card and PIN. We regret the inconveniences this may cause you.
If you would like to learn more about how you can protect your identity or about this letter, please visit www.selco.org/cardservices or call us at 800-445-4483.
SELCO Community Credit Union