Make learning unforgettable.
When teachers bring passion to the classroom, magic happens. Students come together on projects that can deepen understanding, strengthen resolve, and change lives. Lack of funding should never get in the way of this kind of learning.
That’s why, every fall, we award $500 mini-grants to K-12 educators in the communities we serve. It’s our way of helping schools fill in the gaps left by budget shortfalls, fuel your students’ hunger for learning, and help kids in our community find their paths to success.
If you’re an educator with an idea for a classroom project, consider applying for a SELCO Mini-Grant to help make it a reality.
|Applications for 2016 are currently closed.
Congratulations to the 2016 Mini-Grant recipients! To see a full list of recipients, click here.
Do you qualify?
We’re excited about ideas that get students excited. Does your project fit the bill? What to keep in mind:
- We love projects that encourage learning and spark something new. We want to see proposals for helping kids and teachers create and innovate.
- We’ll pay for equipment and supplies, such as calculators or art materials, but only if they’re part of a larger creative project.
- We’re looking for projects that make the biggest possible impact, so let us know how many students you’ll be reaching. The more students that participate, the more we’re interested.
- The most memorable projects will make waves in a student’s learning for years to come. Tell us how yours will.
- We want our funding to have a major impact on your project’s implementation. If your project costs more than $500, we need to know the source of the remaining funds and if they have been approved.
- If your project doesn’t qualify for a mini-grant and our budget allows, we might give you a bit of seed money to get started.
- The clearer your proposal, the better your chance of receiving a mini-grant. Please proofread your proposal before submitting.
- And don’t forget to keep your principal in the loop by sharing a copy of your proposal.
To view examples of past Mini-Grant projects, click here.
Call 541-686-5382 or email email@example.com. We can’t wait to hear from you.